This is the post for the week of September 11, 2017.
Note for This Week
- Assignment change. I accidentally scheduled an assignment on the Friday of Fall Break. As a result, I have canceled the October 13 Labor Log. The October 20 Labor Log will cover both weeks, from October 7 through October 20.
Readings for This Week
- Professional Bio Statement assignment
- How to Write a Good LinkedIn Summary With Examples
- Watch Your Words in the Job Search
- Video from #WeekendWatch Post: Peer Review: Commenting Strategies (video, 5m4s)
Tasks for This Week
Here’s what you need to do for this week:
- Review the resources that can help you improve your Professional Bio:
- Finish the draft of your Professional Bio, using the examples and advice on the assignment as well as the readings (above) on this post.
- By 11:59PM on Wed, September 13, post a rough draft of your bio to your Writing Group in Canvas in the Group Feedback on Professional Bios Discussion. Additional instructions are in the Discussion.
- By 11:59PM on Fri, September 15, post feedback in Canvas to all your group members in the Group Feedback on Professional Bios Discussion. Remember to provide constructive feedback, following the advice on the Writing Groups page and the information in the #WeekendWatch video, Peer Review: Commenting Strategies. Additional instructions are in the Discussion.
- By 11:59PM on Friday, September 15, write your 09/15 Labor Log in Canvas. The grace period for your log entry ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, September 18.
- Revise your bio during the weekend and Monday, following the advice of the members of your group.
- By 11:59PM on Monday, September 18, submit your Professional Bio and your Professional Bio Self-Assessment in the Assignment in Canvas. If you need additional time, submit your work by the end of the grace period, at 11:59PM on Thu, September 21.
Note: The infographic in today’s post needs a text-based transcript. See the Optional Accessibility Transcript Activity for more details.