This is the post for the week of December 4, 2017.
Calendar for the Rest of the Term
All submissions due by 11:59 PM.
|Date||What’s Going On?|
|12/04||Grace period for 12/08 Labor Log ends|
|12/05||Feedback on Genre Analysis Report drafts due to group members|
|12/08||12/08 Labor Log due|
|12/08||Genre Analysis Report due|
|12/11||Grace period for 12/08 Labor Log ends|
|12/13||Grace period for Genre Analysis Report ends|
|12/14||SPOT Responses due|
|12/18||Final Exam due (no grace period)|
Readings for the Week
Review the readings about formal reports, as they apply to your Genre Analysis Report. There are chapters and Lynda.com videos all listed in Step 2 of the assignment.
Tasks for the Week
- By 11:59PM on Monday, December 4, submit your 12/01 Labor Log in Canvas, if you are using the grace period.
- Check your work on your Genre Analysis Report carefully. Since there is little time left in the term, you need to be sure that your project does not need revision. In particular, consider the following:
- Review the rubric, which is on the assignment page in Canvas.
- Ensure you include all the required sections and information, listed in Step 4 of the assignment.
- Use document design to organize the information:
- Include documentation of the sources used (see how to create Citations & Bibliographies in MSWord).
- Spellcheck and proofread your work.
- Finish work on your Genre Analysis Report:
- Tue, Dec 5 by 11:59PM: Post feedback on the drafts posted by your group members in the Group Feedback on Genre Analysis Report Discussion in Canvas.
- Fri, Dec 8 by 11:59PM: Submit your project in the Genre Analysis Report assignment in Canvas.
- Wed, Dec 13 by 11:59PM: Submit your project in the Genre Analysis Report assignment in Canvas if you are using the grace period.
- If you find yourself ahead of schedule, begin work on your final exam.
- By 11:59PM on Friday, December 8, write your 12/08 Labor Log in Canvas. Specific questions for your log are included in Canvas. The grace period for your log entry ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, December 11.